February 5, 2012

Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting



I haven't blogged in a month and I haven't baked anything too since Christmas. I had made these Carrot Cupcakes during Christmas for my husband's colleagues and have been procrastinating since then to blog about it. The cupcakes turned out delicious and the feedback was great. Since I got to taste only a bite of it, I think maybe I should bake them again till the fresh red carrots are in market. 
The cupcake recipe is from here and for the frosting  I have modified the recipe which I used for Red Velvet Cupcake , by excluding White Chocolate. It tastes equally good. I remember, I had to use white chocolate then,as the cream cheese tasted sour, so white chocolate balanced the taste. The brand was different and now I stick to Philadelphia Cream cheese, which doesn't have a sour taste.
Ingredients
Makes 24 cupcakes
For Cupcake
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger [ I didn't use it]
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups canola oil
4 large eggs
3 cups grated peeled carrots
1 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)


For Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz cream cheese
2 1/2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup icing sugar sifted

Preparation

For the Cupcake
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F/177C. Line 24 cupcake molds with paper liners, or butter and flour them.
  2. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in medium bowl to blend.
  3. Whisk sugar and oil in large bowl until well blended. 
  4. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time. 
  5. Add flour mixture and stir until blended. 
  6. Stir in carrots, walnuts and raisins, if using them. 
  7. Divide batter among cupcake molds, filling 3/4 of each.
  8. Bake cupcakes 14 to 18 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Let cool in pan for five minutes or so, then transfer cakes to a cooling rack.
  9. Let cool completely before icing them.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
  1. Beat Cream cheese and butter till light
  2. Add vanilla extract
  3. Add icing sugar and beat till smooth.

4 comments:

Prathima Rao said...

Gorgeous cupcakes!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Suja Manoj said...

Tempting cup cakes..love the frosting

Torviewtoronto said...

looks wonderful lovely picture

Magic of Spice said...

These are beautiful...and love that shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips